Solar panels are very effective because you can power up lots of gadgets, lights, and equipment with them. But, they need to store the power and a solar deep cycle battery is what many experts recommend. You can use this battery for regular use or can keep it on standby to deal with some emergency. The deep cycle battery can help run vehicles, home appliances, and industrial equipment, other than just solar panels.
Generally, the solar deep cycle battery has a 12V power and 100Ah capacity. It is often maintenance-free because of AGM technology. Lead-acid manufacturing also prevents leakage. Moreover, the battery is shockproof and free from vibration. However lithium-ion batteries are also available with more power and safety features. You can recharge the battery whenever you need that makes it very economical. You can use one battery or several batteries depending on your needs.
We have reviews of the top 5 deep cycle batteries with their positive and negative aspects, so let’s begin.
5 Best Solar Deep Cycle Battery Reviewed & Rated
- Weize 12V 100AH Deep Cycle Battery for Solar System
- Universal Power Group 12V 100Ah Deep Cycle Battery
- Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Battery 12 Volt 100Ah for RV
- Ampere Time Lifepo4 Deep Cycle Battery
- VMax AGM SLA Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery
If you need a rechargeable solution for the panels, a solar deep cycle battery would satisfy you. It’s a lead-acid battery that is effective and long-lasting. You can use it for vehicles, including trailers, trolling motors, and certain garden tools and medical equipment.
- It’s a 12V battery with 100 AH amperage having effective features like a discharge recovery. It works fast making your solar products more productive.
- Weize battery weighs 60 pounds and you can handle it easily while installation. The company provides a one-year warranty and it’s trustable.
- It has a robust alloy grid that increases its service life in multiple applications, including cyclic and float. You can use it the way you want depending on your choice.
- The AGM technology makes it leak-proof and ideal for indoors. It does not need any maintenance because of a valve-regulated system that enhances its performance.
- You can trust it for both indoor and outdoor use. It is quite suitable for areas with power shortages where you have to charge certain things. Moreover, you can buy one battery or more, depending on the power you require.
- It is also suitable for vehicles, sump pumps, RVs, Vans, golf carts, electronic tools, toys, industrial equipment, garden tools, emergency lights, UPS, etc. People consider it the best solar deep cycle battery.
- Multipurpose battery
- Highly durable
- Long life span
- No maintenance
- No leakage
- Some replicas come with a 50 amp
You can’t forget the Universal Power Group when it comes to a solar deep cycle battery. It is an effective battery that needs no maintenance. You can use it for solar panels or to power up different vehicles, equipment, and appliances.
- The battery is spill-proof and shock-resistant, so there would be minimal damage. You won’t have to maintain it like other batteries, so it is ideal for regular use. But, it’s equally good if you need a standby battery with a power backup.
- You can easily recharge it for the next use, like to power up different things. A 100AH capacity is enough for multiple applications.
- It weighs 63.9 pounds and easy to install, besides, you can trust it in terms of performance. However, get a professional installer if you can’t handle it yourself.
- The AGM and SLA technology make this battery maintenance-free and durable. Those having power shortages can keep a deep cycle battery for emergencies, especially, in hurricane areas.
- It is not only an ideal deep cycle battery for solar panels, but you can use it for trolling motors, some equipment, and appliances as well. Attach more than one battery to your equipment if it is heavy and needs more power to operate.
- Durable lead-acid battery
- AGM technology
- No vibration
- One-year warranty
- Rechargeable battery
- Not ideal as a standard car battery due to less Cold-Cranking AMPs
- Gets weak faster
Another 100AH solar deep cycle battery comes from Renogy. It is compatible with RV, solar panels, marines, etc. The battery needs minimum maintenance and works for longer. Let’s review other features.
- The battery performs well due to less internal resistance. It produces high power, so you can rely on it for your stuff. You can use it daily or occasionally, depending on what you need.
- The AGM technology prevents acid leakage, and the self-discharge in a month is under 3% at 25℃. Besides, it is also spill-proof and free from maintenance.
- The battery has an advanced electrolyte technology that maintains its capacity consistently. It releases more power because the leakage is not there as claimed by the manufacturer.
- You can use it daily to power up compatible equipment or can use the backup power in an emergency. You can have one battery or several depending upon usage.
- It also works well at freezing temperatures. However, make sure to keep it upright for a good performance. You can also install the Renogy deep cycle battery on its side for a certain reason.
- Good capacity
- Multipurpose power backup
- Shockproof and spill-proof
- Less maintenance
- Long life
- Effective performance
- Charging issues may occur
This is a powerful solar deep cycle battery having a 200Ah storage capacity. You can use it for solar panels, trailers, scooters, RV, etc. Its working span is much larger than other brands.
- The automotive level cells make this battery more powerful and consistent. Besides, it is UL-certified for high-grade safety in terms of cells.
- The built-in management system protects it from over discharge, overcharge, short circuit, and over current. Multiple protections make this battery better than others and increase its working life.
- The battery does not include any acid, so you can install it the way you want, unlike an acid battery. It is equally ideal for indoor and outdoor camping use.
- The company claims that this battery has 10 years of lifespan. It gives 4000+cycles that is 10 times higher than SLA batteries giving just 200 to 500 cycles. These features also make it ideal for heavy industrial equipment.
- The battery weighs only 46 pounds and lighter than the lead-acid battery. Such a lightweight battery is ideal for marines, RVs, motor homes, and off-grid applications where there are no limitations of upright installation.
- Ampere Time deep cycle battery for solar panel is 95% more efficient in terms of power discharge than other batteries. Moreover, its recharge time is also less than the lead-acid battery.
- Longer lifespan
- Highly safe
- Protection through BMS
- 10-year working life
- Flexible usage
- Versatile installations
- Not ideal for cars where you have to depend on the direct sun
VMax brings an effective solar deep cycle battery of 12V and 125 Ah capacity. You can connect it with a solar panel or use it as a power backup for wind turbines, inverters, and so many other things.
- It’s a lead-acid battery based on AGM technology and highly durable in terms of manufacturing. It is ideal for regular use or as a backup source.
- The company used military-level plates to make this battery. You can rely on it for a longer float span that is up to 8 or 10 years depending on its usage.
- It is safe for the environment because it does not release any gases. You can use it inside a building or somewhere outside. You can have one or more batteries depending on your needs.
- This rechargeable battery will keep your solar panels effective through power backup. You can also use it for smart chargers, or other solar devices.
- The battery is heavy because it weighs 75 pounds, however, it’s not hard to install. Be sure it’s in an upright direction as leakage may happen in other cases.
- Contractors also use such a battery on their sites to continue the construction projects without any hindrance.
- Durable material
- Long-lasting battery
- 99% recombination ability
- Flexible compatibility
- AGM technology
- Free signature available on bulk orders
- Heavier than other brands
After the reviews, we bring a guide for you so you can buy an effective solar deep cycle battery. You want to power up expensive items with the battery so it has to have exclusive features and quality. We collected these guidelines from experts, so you should consider them for your advantage.
Deep cycle battery comes with 100Ah up to 200Ah capacity and you can choose the one you need. Remember, that the high-capacity battery is useful if it is leak-proof.
It comes in two categories depending on the technology and material. Like, a lithium-ion battery or lead-acid and AGM battery. With lead-acid, you have to face some installation limitations as described above.
Whereas you are free to install a lithium-ion battery in any position. Those who can’t handle heavy batteries should get a lightweight lithium-ion battery. At the same time, the SLA battery has its own benefits according to reviews.
Choose a battery with minimum or zero maintenance, so you can use it for longer. Both types of batteries are maintenance-free as their manufacturers claim.
If you have many solar gadgets to power up, better have a multipurpose deep cycle battery. Like, it should be compatible with vehicles, equipment, appliances, other than just solar panels.
You should also consider the kind of protection available with the battery. A lithium- ion battery prevents the over-discharge, overcharge, short circuit, and over current due to a built-in BMS, Battery Management System. Such protections make batteries safer and more reliable.
The battery should take less time to recharge which only a few brands offer. So, better look at the specs to see the charging time or get this info from other users. Fast recharging saves time, and it is ideal for outdoor use, like for camper trailers, etc.
It involves certain tools for attachment that depend on its type as well. You can’t install a lead-acid battery upside down. But, the lithium-ion battery is flexible in terms of installation. Most products come with a manual guide with installation instructions so check it before buying. A professional installer would be a great help in this case, especially, if you get it from the battery provider.
Prices vary depending on the battery features, quality, and type. What you should buy entirely depends on your personal choice and budget. But, a deep cycle battery is not so expensive and most customers can afford it. Sometimes the battery replacement costs you shipping charges, so do consider this factor.
Some brands offer a one-year warranty whereas some claim that you can use it for 10 years. A genuine source is always more reliable in this case. A battery with a long service life is more economical because you don’t have to replace it often.
The above products are effective and help several users run their solar panels, vehicles, equipment, gadgets, and appliances. You can take benefit from a solar deep cycle battery if you buy it from a good company as poor batteries have discharge issues. Both lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries are effective depending on how you use them.
You should ask experts to find which type of battery is suitable for your panel or device. The main purpose is to store solar power, but if your purpose is just to have a standby power backup tool, both types will work.
The top companies offer a one-year warranty which is quite satisfactory. Most brands offer affordable batteries, besides, they need little or no maintenance that also saves money. On top of all, you save electricity by using solar batteries which is a big advantage.